Unique outings and activities, entertainment, dining, shopping-everything we love about travel, and it’s all on offer in Virgin Gorda. This small island in the British Virgin Islands is famous for its beautiful and serene setting, welcoming people, and warm and generous hospitality that attracts travellers from around the globe and will keep you coming back again and again.
Nobody knows Virgin Gorda like the VGVR Concierge Team, and we are always happy to assist you in planning an unforgettable holiday. Explore our list of some of the best things to do on and around the island, and contact us directly to make reservations or to request a custom experience.
*VGVR guests will find booking details in your complimentary Virgin Gorda Welcome Guide.
Whilst it might be difficult to leave the cozy confines of your luxury villa rental, a world of adventure awaits in beautiful Virgin Gorda. Exciting on-island outings can be arranged, and you also have the opportunity to explore some truly charming off-shore destinations. Day trips are available to sail to Norman Island, a snorkeller’s haven; Anegada Island, home of the BVI’s spiny lobster; Jost Van Dyke, where you can stop in at the infamous Foxy’s and Soggy Dollar Bar; and Copper Island, where you’ll find a fantastic coffee shop, beach club, and rum bar that has the widest rum selection in the region.
Virgin Gorda by Mini Moke
A Virgin Gorda Villa Rentals guest favourite, there’s no more fun way to explore the island than in a Mini Moke. These colourful small, front-wheel-drive utility and recreational convertibles will take you everywhere you want to go in comfort and style. Ramble and roam the many attractions, towns, and beaches to your heart’s content or create a custom tour route for your group. Mini Mokes are also available for events, weddings, corporate outings, or photo shoots.
Some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean Islands is right in Virgin Gorda. From The Baths to Spring Bay to Nail Bay, excellent options for underwater adventures abound. Perhaps the best snorkelling spot on the island is by the large pristine reef right off the beach at Mahoe Bay. Snorkelling trips are available from a variety of companies, along with additional activities such as kiteboarding lessons, Scuba diving, stand-up paddle boarding, and jet ski rentals.
Find everything you desire whilst you are here and a few special gifts to bring home with you. Discover colorful beachwear, unique jewelry, crafts and souvenirs, island art, coffee table books, the coolest t-shirts, and more at the shops in Spanish Town, including Mr. Nice Guy. Other hot spots for shopping in Virgin Gorda include the shops at Top of the Baths, and Pusser’s Company Store, Arawak, the Chef’s Pantry, and other stores at the Leverick Bay Resort and Marina.
From fine dining restaurants to local favourite spots and a vibrant street food scene, you’ll be eating well in Virgin Gorda. If you do not feel like cooking or wish to dine out, several restaurants are open and many offer specially prepared takeout menus. You can place your order via WhatsApp or email, or our concierge team would be happy to assist you with making reservations. Below are just a few of the best restaurants on the island.
- NOVA at Oil Nut Bay Resort – Choose from the diverse menus of the Beach Club Restaurant, Pavilion Restaurant, Marina Coffee Shop, and Nova Restaurant.
- Saba Rock Newly opened – Enjoy a one-of-a-kind off-shore dining experience at the Main Restaurant and Sunset & Main Bar.
- Sugarcane Restaurant Located at Nail Bay Resort – Sugarcane Restaurant offers extraordinary views and seasonal dishes that reflect the flavours of the British Virgin Islands.
- The Restaurant at Leverick Bay – Puruse the widest selection of wines in the BVI to pair with the classic cuisine served with a unique and creative twist at The Restaurant at Leverick Bay.
- Fischer’s Cove Restaurant, Mermaids & Pirates – Cruise by this Virgin Gorda stand-by for fresh and delicious local specialties and West Indian and Continental cuisine served breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Bath & Turtle and Chez Bamboo – Experience two unique places to eat in one vibrant and inviting environment in Spanish Town across the street from St. Thomas Bay. For breakfast and lunch, Bath & Turtle is an ideal spot to fuel up for an exciting day with fresh coffee, omelets, sandwiches, and more. By night, Chez Bamboo comes alive with music and dancing and serves up a menu of delectable Asian and Caribbean-inspired cuisine.
- Bitter End Yacht Club – Home to The Clubhouse, The Buoy Room, Reef Sampler, and customized private dining experiences, the Bitter End Yacht Club offers a diverse collection of restaurants and sea-to-table cuisine in beautiful and unique settings.
- CocoMaya Restaurant + Bar + Lounge – Located in Spanish Town, CocoMaya is known for its creative cocktails, fantastic vibe, and temping Asian & Latin fusion menu of small plates, appetizers, tacos, seafood and sushi, and desserts.
- Hog Heaven – The best barbecued ribs on the island and incredible views of the North Sound, Necker Island, and other islands make Hog Heaven one of the most popular dining options in Virgin Gorda.
- Mad Dog Cafe – Serving up delectable sandwiches and wraps and ice-cold beverages, Mag Dog Café is a popular spot for locals and tourists just a short walk from The Baths in Spanish Town.
- Island Pot – Indulge in delicious Caribbean dishes and best-selling Ribs BBQ at this family-style restaurant in The Valley, Spanish Town-a favourite with visits and locals for over 20 years.